Here are some of the products I've been loving lately:
1. I picked up this Earth Therapeutics Exfoliating Hydro Towel at Bed Bath & Beyond on a whim, and I've used it every day since. It exfoliates seriously, but gently. I use it with a Dove beauty bar in lieu of a bath pouf or washcloth to get a nice lather and soft, smooth skin.
2. My hair is...lame. It's pretty flat and has a tendency to look stringy. However, this Paul Mitchell Extra Body Sculpting Gel gives a boost at the roots, some body throughout, and helps my ornery hair hold a style.
3. I love a red lip, if that wasn't already apparent. This Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Really Red (matte) is nearly perfect. It's a bright, warm red with a semimatte finish. Even though it's matte, it is never drying, and goes on smoothly. It also transfers way less than other formulas I've used, even those at higher price points.
4. I've never really had a go-to basecoat for my nails, just picking up whatever looks interesting at the drugstore. Until this one. Orly Bonder seriously improves the life of my (very tortured) manicures. The trick to using it is to apply a generous coat to all your nails, following up with color as soon as possible, before the Bonder dries down too much.
5. This Clinique redness-correcting Superprimer is a little more subtle than the L'Oréal Miracle Blur as far as an airbrushed result goes, but I find myself reaching for the Clinique Superprimer more readily. The Superprimer definitely does blur pores and uneven texture, but it also has a nice dry finish that makes skin feel perfect too. The redness-correcting effect is also subtle, so a concealer or foundation is still necessary for any red areas I want to hide.
6. I've been using this Kiehl's Powerful Wrinkle Reducing Cream for a while now. I can't really comment on its wrinkle-reducing abilities, as I don't have many to reduce (yet), but I'm really hoping it's good at preventing them too. The cream itself is thick and very moisturizing, but doesn't feel greasy or heavy on my skin. I have the version without an SPF, so it's great as a night cream, but it also works perfectly under sunscreen and makeup during the day.
7. The Covergirl Flamed Out Shadow Pencil in Melted Caramel Flame was a pleasant surprise. The thick pencil glides on to cover lids in a shimmery, almost glossy bronze that's interesting but not over the top, with great staying power. It sharpens easily with the large side of a Revlon sharpener.
8. I was really intrigued when I first saw the Revlon Colorburst Matte Balms. They are packaged just like the Revlon ColorStay Just Bitten Balm Stains, which I love, but we all know I can't resist a matte, full-color lip product. I picked up Shameless, which is a deep purple. It's very purple (not like a vampy wine shade), so I like to pat it on to build up the color to not-quite-full-strength.