Wednesday, April 30, 2014
april beauty favorites: tamsen
1. I have an unhealthy obsession with all things gold so Make Up For Ever Aqua Liner in 1 Diamond Gold fits perfectly into my beauty routine. My friend Jordan turned me on to this stuff a few weeks ago and I can't get enough. I like it layered over black eyeliner, lined along my bottom lashes, or dotted between my lashline for a subtler, sparkly look. It doesn't budge all day and cleans up easily with a Q-tip.
2. My new found love for bold eyeliner continues with this Sephora Colorful Waterproof Eyeliner in 06 Pool Party. The liquid formula glides on easily with a precision felt tip and stays put all day. It looks awesome along the top lid in a cat eye or under the bottom lashes for an unexpected punch of color.
3. The Urban Decay Heavy Metal Glitter Liner in Distortion reminds me of my second-grade obsession with body glitter in the best way. The iridescent, ultra sparkly liner stays on all day and gives your eyes the perfect unicorn vibes.
4. I've been wanting to try a facial mist for spring and summer this year to try and keep my flushing cheeks calm and this Boscia Clear Complexion Tonic gets the job done. I apply it after cleansing and whenever my skin needs a bit of soothing. A single spritz cools my skin instantly and has prevented any comparisons to Rudolph or Santa Claus that kind strangers so frequently offer up.
5. I've been searching for the perfect black lipstick for a very long time. I wanted something opaque, truly black, and ideally, in a matte finish. After trying several that were sheer, greasy, had a dark purple or reddish cast, or made me feel like a 13-year-old mall goth, I finally found the perfect match. The Topshop Velvet Lip in Raven is thick, completely opaque, and solid, unmistakably black. It feels sophisticated and the matte finish lasts for hours. It took me a few tries to get used to the doe foot applicator (and usually requires a little touch-up with Precision Tip Q-tips) but is well worth the extra application time.
6. I love trying facial cleansers so even when I've found one I really love I usually buy a new one every couple months. My skin isn't exactly oily, but the charcoal powder formula and claims to mattify skin and reduce the look of pores made me want to try the new Garnier Clean + Shine Control Cleansing Gel. After one week of daily use, the blackheads that permanently reside on my nose and chin have vanished. It hasn't really minimized my pores, but I'll take blackhead-free skin over that any day.
7. Mac's matte lipsticks are my absolute favorite and their color selection is hard to beat. I recently picked up Heroine and have been wearing it nonstop. It's a beautiful bright purple and lasts for hours.
8. I love a nice dry, matte lipstick, but when I want something with less commitment that can be thrown on quickly, I pick the Revlon ColorBurst Matte Balm in Showy 220 (bright fuchsia pink) or Unapologetic 210 (almost-neon coral). They are creamy, opaque, ultra bright, and last surprisingly well for a balm formula. They glide on super smooth and fast with the pointed tip and have a subtle, minty scent.